THE IMPORTANCE OF FAMILY HUNTING TRADITIONS
- Build trust and family connections by spending time together without the distraction of technology
- Gives parents opportunity to spend quality time with their children
- Important life lessons can be passed on to future generations
- Learning to respect and appreciate the outdoors.
WILD HARVEST INITIATIVE
The myriad benefits of harvesting and consuming wild fish and game have never been calculated at a large scale in North America. The Wild Harvest Initiative® will change that reality, providing the first complete assessment of the significance of hunting and angling to modern society, economically, socially, and ecologically.
As a hunter, I care about the health and welfare of wildlife, and of the animals that I hunt. I am committed to protecting the natural world, and to the principles that protect how the animal lives, and how it dies.
Therefore, I pledge that when I hunt, the wildlife:
- Is free to roam
- Lives in a natural environment
- Can behave naturally
- Dies quickly and cleanly
- Is fully utilized